Monday, January 5, 2009

Waking up in a misty wonderland

Sometimes, I really enjoy the rainy weather especially when I am not planning to go out. The pitter-patter of raindrops on the moist ground, the freshness of the morning air and the cool temperature really rejuvenates a person.

The past few days have been wonderful on D.C as the nightly rain is transforming it to an ethereal pseudo-highland. Of course, the mist will disappear by 9 to 10 am but the first few hours and last few hours of daylight seemed to be enveloped in a thick, cool fog.

I think it's a very unique beginning to 2009 but looking back at how wet and rainy 2008 was, I haf a feeling that this streak of good weather is about to end soon. In the meantime, i will try to capture the beauty on camera but unfortunately, I have been so busy seeing patients that I couldn't even indulge the shutterbug in me.

We are extremely short of staff lately and with the departure of our surgeon and head of department, the remaining surgeon and the rest of the medical officers are working like mad dogs. I think it's a good time for me to learn and really improve after the months of relative relaxation but we have a premonition that the worse has not arrive..the CT scan machine is about to start functioning after chinese new year. I guess its good news for the people of DC but the bearer of even more work for people like me. serve me right for being a hyperactive workaholic.

By the way, thanx for all the good wishes for the girl who has been given second chance in life. I will try to post some pictures soon in view of my recent adventures.

No comments: