Monday, May 11, 2009

When we are not working..

Malaysians no 1 pastime : eating. If we are not working, studying, sleeping, etc..it would be eating. I have lost count of the number of times pictures of food appeared on my website so why not add to the statistics! Here goes more pics of food....












One thing really good about eating out in Ipoh : I love the sushi there! Jap food is not really cheap, esp in Klang Valley but the ones in Ipoh are quite affordable and tasty too. Of course its kinda low-fibre and high-carb if we take it daily but the 3 of us (PS, Mich and I) do try to vary our taste so it's not like we go Jap everyday!








As for doughnuts, cakes and brownies, Big Apple has recently invaded Ipoh and sometimes we catch these 'holey' wonders in SOPD too. Other than that, we are aiming to taste all of the food listed in the '100 Malaysian top heritage food' (as according to my boss lar...truthfully, i never knew the list existed!) After all, we have big breakfasts every Friday in the department and I think the best attendance to any departmental meetings are on Fridays :-)


And organic food has grown to a sizeable market nowadays. Although costly, a lot of people are willing to pay for food grown and harvested the 'natural' way. I'm still wondering why is it that natural means higher cost. I remembered that in my garden when I was young, watering plants with water that we used to wash rice and spraying plants with chilli-pepper water (as insecticide) doesn't really cost that much. It's funny lor...but as long as there is a consumer's market, the organic industry will thrive.








Finally, how can we forget the 'friendliest' coffee shops in the world..Starbucks, Coffee Bean and Gloria Jeans and co.? Although we only have 2 in Ipoh, it doesn't stop the yuppies from indulging in their favourite java beans drinks while snacking on their famous cakes. My housemate loves their chocolate brownies, etc but as for me, I was in for the free Wi-Fi and comfy sofa!







Until we eat (oops, I mean), meet again...haf fun pigging out this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

which place you go for sushi in ipoh?

Unknown said...

SUSHI EAST
ALA II
SUSHI KING
the korean restaurant