Wednesday, April 2, 2008

City bumpkin meet village -an introduction

I have been a small-town girl for the past 1 year. Yup, the chick who was born and bred in KL and never left that big city till 26 years of age has been a naturalized citizen of the town of the leaning tower since early 2007 and she is now proudly writing about her little town. When did I fully adapt to this kind of laidback lifestyle? I wouldn't know for sure.

But I am sure that I will never get used to so many people on bicycles in the town centre during peak hours. I mean, if these uncles were riding their two-wheels this way in KL, they will surely land up in HKL or their 'final destination'. Scary geezers... Never felt so laidback before till I am immersed in a small-town culture :-)


Not only that, I realized that cooking is not that tough at all. Errmm..i mean taking pictures of people cooking is not tough at all. Hehe.. That's my housemate Fenky and my ex-housemate Alicia busy handling the hot stuff as I sneakily crept up on them and snapped their pics in our dining room. Staying in a relatively big house 3 mins walk from the hospital means that I never have to commute hours to work. Don't be jealous...

And having a well-equipped, roomy kitchen means that I have the responsibility of actually cooking good, decent meals for myself and others. Minus a 'few' experiences with burnt saucepans, salty pasta, mouldy cheese in the fridge, yup, i am so proud of my recently-developed culinary skills. Moreover, my dear housemate has a full-fledged FARM...or u can say a huge plot of actual organic vege that we can consume. When you thought that doctors are busy beyond hell..think again. If one of us in Teluk Intan could grow huge lady's fingers, beans, green vege, chillies, eggplants, herbs, etc, you could imagine what kind of leisure activities we have. Before long, I think I will start knitting and making patchwork quilts. Serious....




This is the rare occassion that we caught cars in the parking lots in the hospital. I mean, a car? As we enter the hospital, we will be surrounded by plants, trees, flowers etc. It's like a park with hospital instead of the other way around. Up next, I will be talking about the various animals we are living with in the hospital compound. As we are surrounded by a myriad of members of the animal kingdom roaming the hospital, I could say that the next time National Geographic decides to shoot about ANIMAL HOSPITAL..they should seriously consider Teluk Intan Hospital. The amount of wildlife here is astounding. So stay tune for my next instalment on the wildlife in a Hospital in Malaysia....

No comments: