Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rounding up the tree-lovers

I'm not fussy when it comes to travelling and visiting new places as there are plenty of lovely places filled with natural wonders in Malaysia and our neighbouring countries. After being hooked to hunting for waterfalls lately, I think I'll turn to hiking to more mountain peaks and taking lots of pictures along the way. But still, i want to get out of this country at least once this year and was planning something for the past 1 month.






Initially, I have a deep worry when it comes to visiting our northern neighbour, Thailand. This so-called unfounded phobia came from the fact that I developed severe gastro-enteritis at Bangkok and vomited/purged all the way on the flight back from a visit there, more than 10 years ago. I was so dehydrated that I almost didn't make it past the Malaysian immigration. Therefore I had this impression that I'll get very ill if I visit that country again.





However, after a short trip to Vietnam last year, I discovered that travel to Indochina countries are actually very fun and affordable. This truly enjoyable trip (backpacking style) taught me a lesson that I shouldn't judge anything based on one adverse experience.


In short, I'll be travelling up north again and looking forward to partying with my friends on the beaches of southern Thailand soon. I'm giving Thailand another chance :-)...Hopefully, my gang is not going to desert me for other plans this time around as we are planning to paint the idyllic towns red! Hooray...


In the meantime, looking forward to more hiking and climbing experience in the national parks in our country!

No comments: